1.4
Turnaround Time

Purchased a hitch extender from etrailer back in early summer.When I received it one of the extension tubes was drilled incorrectly.

After sending them pictures, their tech agreed to the obvious, the tube was drilled incorrectly. They said that they would send me a replacement. Several weeks later, they said that the part was on back order and would not be in stock until Sept. I contacted them every week in September but still no part.

Finally, in late October, they told me that they were sending a new unit. I tried to explain that I needed only one tube. They could have opened a box and sent me just that part. No, they sent the whole unit.

Included was the return authorization for the unit that I needed to send back. I received the unit and asked UPS, the carrier to pick up the return either later that day or the next. I was just going to take out the tube I needed and repack it with the defective one. The driver informed me that etrailer had not paid for the pick-up and I would need to contact them.

Once again, I got the run around from their "non-customer service". They dis not care that I lived in a very rural area with no UPS drop-off location. They refused to pay to have UPS pick up the return. And I said that I was responsible for would bringing it to the nearest UPS drop-off, which was 25 minutes away.

Beyond my better judgement, I made the almost hour trip just to get rid of my problem.I will not do business with etrailer again and put this warning out...buyer beware!

Comments