Etrailer - E trailer customer service is less than incompetent.

25 of 146 Etrailer reviews

I am extremely disappointed with etrailer service. My initial order was for a trailer hitch and wiring for my 2015 VW Tiguan. When I figured out on my own that the supplied wiring was incorrect I returned the entire electrical portion of the kit and kept only the metal receiver and ball. Then I ordered an adapter wiring kit #30955 because my vehicle was shipped prewired for the hitch.

The problems; 1) I was never issued a return credit or check for the parts I returned (on time!). 2) the plug that adapts the VW wiring to the hitch harness worked initially, but days was later found to be defective. See attached photos. Two pins in the adapter plug pushed the pins in the VW plug out of their connector and subsequently lost contact. Since I was already denied payment for returned goods, I was forced to repair the plug myself. After this experience I will never order from etrailer again? Customer service was rude and of NO help.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
25 of 146 Etrailer reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.