Buffalo, New York

I am extremely disappointed with etrailer service. My initial order was for a trailer hitch and wiring for my 2015 VW Tiguan. When I figured out on my own that the supplied wiring was incorrect I returned the entire electrical portion of the kit and kept only the metal receiver and ball. Then I ordered an adapter wiring kit #30955 because my vehicle was shipped prewired for the hitch.

The problems; 1) I was never issued a return credit or check for the parts I returned (on time!). 2) the plug that adapts the VW wiring to the hitch harness worked initially, but days was later found to be defective. See attached photos. Two pins in the adapter plug pushed the pins in the VW plug out of their connector and subsequently lost contact. Since I was already denied payment for returned goods, I was forced to repair the plug myself. After this experience I will never order from etrailer again? Customer service was rude and of NO help.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Etrailer?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion

AutoTopsDirect Mazda miata convertible top is Junk AutoTopsDirect "AutoTopsDirect Mazda miata convertible top is Junk Miata replacement tops are a FIRE HAZARD. Refused warranty service for faulty rear defroster solder. Smoke, melted vinyl and shattered window. Lloyd (their..." Read more Therapee is a complete waste of money and an unreliable product Therapee "I can't believe I got sucked into purchasing this $300 product. Don't believe a thing the company says. They lie and lie through their teeth. For proof, I have attached..." Read more Etrailer - Review about Sportrack Semi Custom Roof Rack from Tacoma, Washington Etrailer "Iknow i got mine today my rack doesn't even fit! i followed instructions verywell because i wanna make sure before i drive my car with that thing on my roof..." Read more Etrailer Curt Weight Distribution System Review Etrailer "I ordered a new Curt Weight Distribution System from etrailer and received this open item box with missing parts. I am sure the Curt system is great but etrailer has..." Read more Leagle.com/plainsite.org and unitedstatescourts.org all ruthless websites that destroy the careers and reputations of Americans for sinister motives Leagle "When it comes to monetized websites such as leagle.com, plainsite.org and unitedstatescourts.org there may be something much more sinister behind these ruthless website then ever imagined. These websites mentioned are..." Read more HayNeedle - Waiting on Replacement Piece HayNeedle "I ordered a white bathroom Belham Longbourn Linen Tower. It cost over $250.00. It took several weeks to get here and after beginning to assemble it, one of the pieces..." Read more CCC Information Services - Vehicle Undervaluation CCC Information Services "I know that CCC Information Services Inc still practices unfair market valuation for vehicles. CCC Information Services has been involved in lawsuits and settlements in the past for under-valuing customers..." Read more Resume Now - They Stoled money from my bank account also Resume Now "They first charged me $1.95 for 1 time use for resume builder and i told them i do not want to be a member and they charged me 2 more..." Read more