I am extremely disappointed with etrailer service. My initial order was for a trailer hitch and wiring for my 2015 VW Tiguan. When I figured out on my own that the supplied wiring was incorrect I returned the entire electrical portion of the kit and kept only the metal receiver and ball. Then I ordered an adapter wiring kit #30955 because my vehicle was shipped prewired for the hitch.

The problems; 1) I was never issued a return credit or check for the parts I returned (on time!). 2) the plug that adapts the VW wiring to the hitch harness worked initially, but days was later found to be defective. See attached photos. Two pins in the adapter plug pushed the pins in the VW plug out of their connector and subsequently lost contact. Since I was already denied payment for returned goods, I was forced to repair the plug myself. After this experience I will never order from etrailer again? Customer service was rude and of NO help.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss damaged or defective of hopkins towing solutions adapter. Etrailer needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned hopkins towing solutions adapter in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Etrailer.

Had an Experience with Etrailer?

Comments