DURING THE PAST TWO YEARS I HAVE SPENT MORE THAN $2000 FOR A TOWING PACKAGE INCLUDING WIRING, PARTS FOR MY TERRY TRAVEL TRAILER AND MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS. THE LAST ITEM WAS A CARGO CARRIER. THAT COST $250 AND

IT WAS ADVERTISED TO HOLD 500 POUNDS. I LIVE IN OREGON AND HEAD SOUTH TO ARIZONA FOR THE WINTERS. I WAS ASKED TO PROVIDE FEEDBACK INCLUDING PHOTOS.

I DID. THE INSTALL WAS EASY. THEY KNEW IT WAS INSTALLED ON THE REAR OF MY TRAILER. ENROUTE TO ARIZONA I PURCHASED A PREDATOR 4000 GENERATOR THAT WEIGHED LESS THAN ONE HUNDRED POUNDS. I LOADED THAT AND A 2 GALLON CAN OF GAS.IN WEST SACRAMENTO IT TORE THE TRAILER BUMPER AND DRAGGED ALONG THE HIGHWAY. FORTUNATELY I HAD THE GENERATOR SECURED AND IT STAYED WITH THE CARRIER. I TOOK PHOTOGRAPHS OF IT AND SENT THEM TO ETRAILER. THEY RESPONDED THATI WAS OUT OF LOOK AND THEY WOULD DO NOTHING ABOUT IT. THEY DID APOLOGIZE.'

IT COST ME TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS TO WELD AND REPAIR THE BUMPER SO IT WOULD SUPPORT THE CARRIER. THIS IS THE REASON I WOULD NEVER MAKE ANOTHER PURCHASE FROM ETRAILER. PRIOR TO THIS INCIDENT THEY WERE NICE. BUT WHEN THE CHIPS WERE DOWN, SO WERE THEY. BE FORWARNED.

Review about: Cargo Carrier.

I didn't like: Attitude and failure to support the product they sold me.

2.0
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss WAS NOT WARNED TO NOT USE IT ON A TRAVEL TRAILER. SENT PHOTO OF THE INSTALL AND ETRAILER USED IT. / $200
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Etrailer?

Comments

That a bunch of *** that they would not fix it right in the first place !! You should have asked for your money back and if they would not go to BBB and file a case on them !!

I don't understand why you blame etrailer for your under rated bumper. People like you is what makes business owners like me frustrated with doing business with just anybody. Its always a blame game, you sir are the reason McDonald's has to put a warning on there coffee cups as to the temp of the contents.

DUH!!!!!

The basket did hole the 500 pounds, your factory bumper could not. Why blame Etrailer?

I followed their expert advice

sent them photoandTHEY wrote that it could hold 500 pounds

you should get ALL the facts before sounding ignorant

Start by learning to read

Wow.How is that Etrailers fault?

Those "bumpers" will barely hold a bicycle or a spare tire.This one is on YOU.

to Anonymous #1142919

I followed their expert advice

sent them photoandTHEY wrote that it could hold 500 pounds

you should get ALL the facts before sounding ignorant

Start by learning to read

So you purchased a receiver mount for your RV bumper.

First.

It is not a bumper and is designed to hold your flexible sewage line.

Second.

If you would have taken the time to look in your owners manual it would have specific told you not to install a receiver to the square tube on the back of your RV.

Third.Just be glad you didn't kill someone.

This customer should have been looked after..what a great customer service story this would have been...you just cannot buy that kind of goodwill advertising.

Same on Etrailer

That is terrible and cannot believe a big company like E Trailer would not take care of this? This will cost them much more money in the future.

Looks to me like the platform held what it was suppose to. Looks like your receiver hitch or bumper wasn't strong enough.