ETRAILER DOES NOT STAND BEHIND DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS IT SELLS

51 of 146 Etrailer reviews

DURING THE PAST TWO YEARS I HAVE SPENT MORE THAN $2000 FOR A TOWING PACKAGE INCLUDING WIRING, PARTS FOR MY TERRY TRAVEL TRAILER AND MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS. THE LAST ITEM WAS A CARGO CARRIER. THAT COST $250 AND

IT WAS ADVERTISED TO HOLD 500 POUNDS. I LIVE IN OREGON AND HEAD SOUTH TO ARIZONA FOR THE WINTERS. I WAS ASKED TO PROVIDE FEEDBACK INCLUDING PHOTOS.

I DID. THE INSTALL WAS EASY. THEY KNEW IT WAS INSTALLED ON THE REAR OF MY TRAILER. ENROUTE TO ARIZONA I PURCHASED A PREDATOR 4000 GENERATOR THAT WEIGHED LESS THAN ONE HUNDRED POUNDS. I LOADED THAT AND A 2 GALLON CAN OF GAS.IN WEST SACRAMENTO IT TORE THE TRAILER BUMPER AND DRAGGED ALONG THE HIGHWAY. FORTUNATELY I HAD THE GENERATOR SECURED AND IT STAYED WITH THE CARRIER. I TOOK PHOTOGRAPHS OF IT AND SENT THEM TO ETRAILER. THEY RESPONDED THATI WAS OUT OF LOOK AND THEY WOULD DO NOTHING ABOUT IT. THEY DID APOLOGIZE.'

IT COST ME TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS TO WELD AND REPAIR THE BUMPER SO IT WOULD SUPPORT THE CARRIER. THIS IS THE REASON I WOULD NEVER MAKE ANOTHER PURCHASE FROM ETRAILER. PRIOR TO THIS INCIDENT THEY WERE NICE. BUT WHEN THE CHIPS WERE DOWN, SO WERE THEY. BE FORWARNED.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Attitude and failure to support the product they sold me

Reason of review:
WAS NOT WARNED TO NOT USE IT ON A TRAVEL TRAILER. SENT PHOTO OF THE INSTALL AND ETRAILER USED IT.
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Cargo Carrier
Review category
Equipment
review #743329 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Etrailer? Submit review ›
Helpful? 5 Yes 5 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
51 of 146 Etrailer reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 08 #1170546

That a bunch of *** that they would not fix it right in the first place !! You should have asked for your money back and if they would not go to BBB and file a case on them !!

May 20 #1162131

I don't understand why you blame etrailer for your under rated bumper. People like you is what makes business owners like me frustrated with doing business with just anybody. Its always a blame game, you sir are the reason McDonald's has to put a warning on there coffee cups as to the temp of the contents.
DUH!!!!!

Apr 13 #1143954

The basket did hole the 500 pounds, your factory bumper could not. Why blame Etrailer?

1 0 Reply

Apr 11 #1142922

I followed their expert advice
sent them photoandTHEY wrote that it could hold 500 pounds
you should get ALL the facts before sounding ignorant
Start by learning to read

Apr 11 #1142868

Wow. How is that Etrailers fault? Those "bumpers" will barely hold a bicycle or a spare tire. This one is on YOU.

0 1 Reply

Apr 11 #1142919

I followed their expert advice
sent them photoandTHEY wrote that it could hold 500 pounds
you should get ALL the facts before sounding ignorant
Start by learning to read

Apr 11 #1142836

So you purchased a receiver mount for your RV bumper.
First. It is not a bumper and is designed to hold your flexible sewage line.
Second. If you would have taken the time to look in your owners manual it would have specific told you not to install a receiver to the square tube on the back of your RV.
Third. Just be glad you didn't kill someone.

Jan 19 #1097266

This customer should have been looked after..what a great customer service story this would have been...you just cannot buy that kind of goodwill advertising.

1 0 Reply
Same on Etrailer

Dec 07, 2015 #1075428

That is terrible and cannot believe a big company like E Trailer would not take care of this? This will cost them much more money in the future.

1 1 Reply

Dec 02, 2015 #1072897

Looks to me like the platform held what it was suppose to. Looks like your receiver hitch or bumper wasn't strong enough.

6 0 Reply
sam

Jan 19 #1097271

Your pbservation is correct. Why did the experts NOT notice this? I sent them photos of the install and they used the photo to promote more sales. I will never trudt them again.

Feb 22 #1116037

I wonder if these would have helped: www.mount-n-lock.com/mnl-cargo-products/4square-safetystruts-prevent-bumper-failure. My wife an I saw these guys at the Tampa RV show in January.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Etrailer. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Etrailer.
Filing a new complaint about
×