DURING THE PAST TWO YEARS I HAVE SPENT MORE THAN $2000 FOR A TOWING PACKAGE INCLUDING WIRING, PARTS FOR MY TERRY TRAVEL TRAILER AND MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS. THE LAST ITEM WAS A CARGO CARRIER. THAT COST $250 AND
IT WAS ADVERTISED TO HOLD 500 POUNDS. I LIVE IN OREGON AND HEAD SOUTH TO ARIZONA FOR THE WINTERS. I WAS ASKED TO PROVIDE FEEDBACK INCLUDING PHOTOS.
I DID. THE INSTALL WAS EASY. THEY KNEW IT WAS INSTALLED ON THE REAR OF MY TRAILER. ENROUTE TO ARIZONA I PURCHASED A PREDATOR 4000 GENERATOR THAT WEIGHED LESS THAN ONE HUNDRED POUNDS. I LOADED THAT AND A 2 GALLON CAN OF GAS.IN WEST SACRAMENTO IT TORE THE TRAILER BUMPER AND DRAGGED ALONG THE HIGHWAY. FORTUNATELY I HAD THE GENERATOR SECURED AND IT STAYED WITH THE CARRIER. I TOOK PHOTOGRAPHS OF IT AND SENT THEM TO ETRAILER. THEY RESPONDED THATI WAS OUT OF LOOK AND THEY WOULD DO NOTHING ABOUT IT. THEY DID APOLOGIZE.'
IT COST ME TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS TO WELD AND REPAIR THE BUMPER SO IT WOULD SUPPORT THE CARRIER. THIS IS THE REASON I WOULD NEVER MAKE ANOTHER PURCHASE FROM ETRAILER. PRIOR TO THIS INCIDENT THEY WERE NICE. BUT WHEN THE CHIPS WERE DOWN, SO WERE THEY. BE FORWARNED.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Attitude and failure to support the product they sold me
- Reason of review:
- WAS NOT WARNED TO NOT USE IT ON A TRAVEL TRAILER. SENT PHOTO OF THE INSTALL AND ETRAILER USED IT.
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cargo Carrier
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "number one.. Just ordering my first choice scooter was supposed to be an auto moto in black. Got an email a few days later so you don't have in black number..."
- " I have been knowing Christopher Hinrichs, who makes Jeetop, for three years. Chris is the only one person in his company . He doesn't hire people because he..."
- "I bought a brand new 1025r tlb in may 2016 took home found loose nuts and bolts loose on machine had 2 hrs on it had to have mower..."
- "See Carnival Cruise Experience To whom it may concern: My husband and I went on the Carnival Splendor on September 24, 2016. This was not my first cruise with Carnival, nor..."
- "After owning for only 4 years now, we noticed that the bottom shelf of the cupboard over the couch is coming off. We then checked to see how it is..."
- "delamination on left side panel of slide out and structural issues on rear left and right side screws broke off so the sliders frame is coming apart from the frame..."