ETRAILER DOES NOT STAND BEHIND DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS IT SELLS
DURING THE PAST TWO YEARS I HAVE SPENT MORE THAN $2000 FOR A TOWING PACKAGE INCLUDING WIRING, PARTS FOR MY TERRY TRAVEL TRAILER AND MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS. THE LAST ITEM WAS A CARGO CARRIER. THAT COST $250 AND
IT WAS ADVERTISED TO HOLD 500 POUNDS. I LIVE IN OREGON AND HEAD SOUTH TO ARIZONA FOR THE WINTERS. I WAS ASKED TO PROVIDE FEEDBACK INCLUDING PHOTOS.
I DID. THE INSTALL WAS EASY. THEY KNEW IT WAS INSTALLED ON THE REAR OF MY TRAILER. ENROUTE TO ARIZONA I PURCHASED A PREDATOR 4000 GENERATOR THAT WEIGHED LESS THAN ONE HUNDRED POUNDS. I LOADED THAT AND A 2 GALLON CAN OF GAS.IN WEST SACRAMENTO IT TORE THE TRAILER BUMPER AND DRAGGED ALONG THE HIGHWAY. FORTUNATELY I HAD THE GENERATOR SECURED AND IT STAYED WITH THE CARRIER. I TOOK PHOTOGRAPHS OF IT AND SENT THEM TO ETRAILER. THEY RESPONDED THATI WAS OUT OF LOOK AND THEY WOULD DO NOTHING ABOUT IT. THEY DID APOLOGIZE.'
IT COST ME TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS TO WELD AND REPAIR THE BUMPER SO IT WOULD SUPPORT THE CARRIER. THIS IS THE REASON I WOULD NEVER MAKE ANOTHER PURCHASE FROM ETRAILER. PRIOR TO THIS INCIDENT THEY WERE NICE. BUT WHEN THE CHIPS WERE DOWN, SO WERE THEY. BE FORWARNED.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Attitude and failure to support the product they sold me
- Reason of review:
- WAS NOT WARNED TO NOT USE IT ON A TRAVEL TRAILER. SENT PHOTO OF THE INSTALL AND ETRAILER USED IT.
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cargo Carrier
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We bought 4 BendPak auto lifts. The city demanded we get a permit for them. The inspector from the L.A. Dept. of Bldg. and Safety refused to issue..."
- "Our 2008 Itasca Navion MH by Winnebago, which we purchased new, has a propane tank, as you can see by the accompanying images, that is disintegrating and putting our lives..."
- "I purchased a used 5.9l dodge ram engine that was advertised on their website picture on a pallet very clean with 70,000 miles(was supposed to be an actual picture..."
- "Another "Posher" broke almost every listing rule: - inappropriate language - asking / pursuing a buyer if they're interested just bc they ask a ? - trying to do a..."
- "RANT...1000.......I KNOW YOU KNEW THIS DAY WAS COMMING?............WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!! ***!!!! HOW THE *** YOU GONNA POST MY 20 YEAR OLD CRIMINAL RECORD ON LINE ...MAKE UP FAKE..."
- "So I have worked for the company for a few years now at a few different chains in a few different states. Each time transferring easily to my current postion..."