ETRAILER DOES NOT STAND BEHIND DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS IT SELLS
DURING THE PAST TWO YEARS I HAVE SPENT MORE THAN $2000 FOR A TOWING PACKAGE INCLUDING WIRING, PARTS FOR MY TERRY TRAVEL TRAILER AND MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS. THE LAST ITEM WAS A CARGO CARRIER. THAT COST $250 AND
IT WAS ADVERTISED TO HOLD 500 POUNDS. I LIVE IN OREGON AND HEAD SOUTH TO ARIZONA FOR THE WINTERS. I WAS ASKED TO PROVIDE FEEDBACK INCLUDING PHOTOS.
I DID. THE INSTALL WAS EASY. THEY KNEW IT WAS INSTALLED ON THE REAR OF MY TRAILER. ENROUTE TO ARIZONA I PURCHASED A PREDATOR 4000 GENERATOR THAT WEIGHED LESS THAN ONE HUNDRED POUNDS. I LOADED THAT AND A 2 GALLON CAN OF GAS.IN WEST SACRAMENTO IT TORE THE TRAILER BUMPER AND DRAGGED ALONG THE HIGHWAY. FORTUNATELY I HAD THE GENERATOR SECURED AND IT STAYED WITH THE CARRIER. I TOOK PHOTOGRAPHS OF IT AND SENT THEM TO ETRAILER. THEY RESPONDED THATI WAS OUT OF LOOK AND THEY WOULD DO NOTHING ABOUT IT. THEY DID APOLOGIZE.'
IT COST ME TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS TO WELD AND REPAIR THE BUMPER SO IT WOULD SUPPORT THE CARRIER. THIS IS THE REASON I WOULD NEVER MAKE ANOTHER PURCHASE FROM ETRAILER. PRIOR TO THIS INCIDENT THEY WERE NICE. BUT WHEN THE CHIPS WERE DOWN, SO WERE THEY. BE FORWARNED.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Attitude and failure to support the product they sold me
- Reason of review:
- WAS NOT WARNED TO NOT USE IT ON A TRAVEL TRAILER. SENT PHOTO OF THE INSTALL AND ETRAILER USED IT.
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cargo Carrier
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I received two defectively welded Draw-Tite hitches. Etrailer told me to bend them with a porch step or use a pry bar on my brand new trucks frame. Unbelievable! I..."
- "I am so glad I read all the information you all gave me on these worthless chips. I was looking to buy one to help increase my gas mileage and..."
- "We bought 4 BendPak auto lifts. The city demanded we get a permit for them. The inspector from the L.A. Dept. of Bldg. and Safety refused to issue..."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."
- "Brand new Avenger leaks every time it rains. I bought it 6 minths ago from McGeorges RV and have had numerous leaks every time it rains. The manufacturer will not..."