Quaker Hill, Connecticut

I called eTrailer about ordering a roof rack for an upcoming trip. I wanted to make sure all parts were in stock and that the shipping would get them to me on time. The rep was very helpful and assured me that my order would get priority treatment. It did, and it arrived on time! Well, most of it...one of the crossbars for the roof rack wasn't in the shipment.

I called customer service and they were very apologetic. I said they still had two days to get me the other cross bar. The following day I got a call saying, sorry, hasn't shipped and we can't overnight it to you unless you pay $600 more for shipping! (Total order was $327)

I did some research, no stores local with the part, but I found the part on Amazon, they gave me next day shipping for $8.00. eTrailer refunded me the cost of the part, but their lack of concern and in attention to detail means that I will no longer shop with them.

Comments

Helpful.Tech

Frankly this is why buying local is so much more advisable.

to Helpful.Tech #866658

Sometimes not everyone is capable of having the luxuries of purchasing locally because the place they end up residing in to stay to follow the job to is unfortunately completely podunk. This happens a lot when your job requires constructing the foundations of buildings to increase population.