1.3
Equipment Quality
Usability

I recently ordered a fixed 2" ball mount having a 9" drop and a brake light "plug" for a 2" receiver. The brake light plug has a foam rubber gasket that is supposed to seal the space between the receiver opening and the back side of the brake light.

However, the hole in the light fixture's 2" square shaft in located incorrectly, so that the shaft extend to far beyond the receiver opening, thereby leaving near 2 inches of exposed shaft. The gasket can therefore just slide back and forth 2 inches, which does not provide any seal at all. Also, the plastic shaft fit's a little loose in the receiver allowing the brake light fixture (plug) to rattle. I called etrailer and got zero help.

Instead they gave me a phone # for the mfr or it's distributor. Also, I can't find the mfr name anywhere on the web. I didn't call, and am drilling a new pin hole myself to hopefully make a tight fit. If not I'm out about $10 bucks, not a major loss, but a pain.

NOW the worst issue is the fix ball mount I received has a 10" drop.

This is not acceptable for my application and this is FALSE advertising on etrailer's part. I am filing a consumer complaint with their state's AG, if I don't get them to resolve and at their expense.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service agents have no power.

Comments