3.8
Equipment Quality
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time
Usability

I ordered a Curt 16520-16026 5th Wheel hitch for my Nissan Titan XD diesel 8ft bed truck. After reading reviews that indicated the puck attachment hardware didn't fit deeply enough into the puck receivers had been corrected I questioned eTrailer customer service and was assured I would not suffer the problem. I received the hitch in 4 business days with free shipping.

After unboxing the hitch components I lowered the hitch base into the truck beds puck receivers and discovered to my disbelief that the problem had not been corrected. Just as the reviews stated the puck hardware didn't fit deeply enough in the puck receiver holes in the truck bed.

After calling eTrailer support I was referred to Curt support and the support person admitted the issue with this models failure to couple correctly into the 2017 Nissan Titan XD's puck receivers. I was told a kit was available to rectify the problem and that the kit would be mailed out on the next business day.

It has been a week since talking to Curt and still no kit. 1. eTrailer should have made sure that the hitch I was being sold had the modification installed or at least included with the hitch. 2. Curt should have recalled this hitch model and installed the modification prior to distribution. This would have allowed me to use my purchase upon receipt rather than having to find the fix myself and waiting on the parts to correct a defect.

Reason of review: Good quality.

I liked: Selection and price and free shipping.

Comments