So I ordered a Curt trailer hitch for my 2016 GMC Canyon that they said would fit. I paid my local mechanic to install.

He and laborer removed bumper , spare tire and existing hitch only to find out that the Curt was a quarter inch to small and had to put everything back on. Had to pay them $60 for that labor and no hitch got put on. I went and looked at some other site reviews and saw that other Canyon owners were saying the same thing about the hitch. I contacted etrailer to tell them the hitch did not fit my Canyon and I wanted to be reimbursed for the labor the wrong part cost me plus get a hitch that fit.

They said for me to modify the new hitch they had sent by wedging a 2 x 4 in the bracket cap to bend it out to get it to fit.......in other words they new it did not fit.

They then said they do not reimburse labor even though it was their error that caused me to incur those costs. I have purchased 2 hitches from them before but once I return this one (hopefully they standby their 100% satisfaction guarantee they say on their website) this will be the last business I do with them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Curt Trailer Hitch.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: refund cost of the defective hitch you sent me and the wasted labor I paid for to find out the hitch was defective..

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 12, 2016.

Comments