We needed a replacement key for a SportRack roof rack (made by Thule). I came across etrailer.com when searching for replacement keys online. Via their website I made an inquiry as to which key I needed to order based on the model number of the roof rack we have. The so called Expert Reply came back that we needed to order THKEYN170. We ordered two keys and waited over a week for them to arrive. We were at that point less than a week away from leaving for a family vacation and desperately needed the roof rack in order to be able to use our cargo box. It would be impossible to take our car without it because of the volume of things we needed to pack.

Right after we received the replacement keys we tried them and they did not even come close to fitting the locks. I called etrailer.com and explained this to them. To their credit, they did call the Canadian Thule Warehouse and located the correct key. They gave me their phone number and told me I would have to deal directly with Thule. They issued me a return authorization and told me to send the incorrect keys back.

We had to pay almost $30 for the two (correct) keys from Thule...this included a $20 shipping charge because they had to be rushed to us in time for our vacation.

When I returned the incorrect keys to etrailer.com I enclosed a letter explaining the situation and asking for some compensation beyond the cost of the two incorrect keys. Not only did they not compensate us for any of the amount we had to pay for the Thule rush shipping charges, they did not reimburse us any of the costs for shipping the incorrect keys to us or back to them...keeping in mind these keys were the ones they recommended in the first place.

Very frustrating!!!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 21, 2014.

Comments