2.6
Turnaround Time

Contacted E trailer numerous times about their website directing me to the wrong hitch. Searched in google and clicked on the etrailer hitch I wanted. I searched for "2001 ford crown victoria hitch and clicked on the first icon. It took me to their website where I placed the item in cart. Then when I got it, I tried to install it and it didn't fit. I asked to return it due to their error and they are charging me 46 dollars to ship it back. No WAY.

They since fixed the issue from the internet going through google...

Lady's response:

Thank you for your reply.

I have sent the return instructions in a separate email. If you do order a different hitch from us please let me know.

Please email or call 1-800-298-8924 ext. 79366 if you have any other questions.

Sent: 5/16/2018 9:15 AM

To: "Rebecca N. at etrailer.com"

Subject: Re: etrailer.com (R) Return Goods Authorization 417-106463-836-9 [3919846:2307969]

DO you agree that it's misleading? You should let the web designer know of this issue. if you search through google it shouldn't recommend a hitch that does not fit your car. Have you tried what I did? Ok I will need the return label please.

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 6:22 AM, Rebecca N. at etrailer.com wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

I am very sorry as using Google will not provide an accurate fit for a hitch. For any site you would want to use the fit guide to find the correct hitch for the vehicle. In this case I would not be able to have the hitch returned free of charge. If you order the hitch that would be a fit then I can split the return shipping for you which would lower the return shipping cost to $23.48.

Please email or call 1-800-298-8924 ext. 79366 if you have any other questions.

Sent: 5/15/2018 4:24 PM

To: "Rebecca N. at etrailer.com"

Subject: Re: etrailer.com (R) Return Goods Authorization 417-106463-836-9 [3919846:2307353]

I went to google and types 2001 ford crown victoria hitch. Then the first one is E-trailer. I picked that that one and it took to your website. Your website shows my vehicle 2001 crown victoria with the wrong hitch.

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 12:11 PM, Rebecca N. at etrailer.com wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

I am happy to look further into this for you and I did receive the screen shot that you had sent. I have a few more questions for you. Once you had entered the year, make, and model of your Ford, where did you click from there or did you do a search? How did you locate part number C113753?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Sent: 5/15/2018 8:57 AM

Subject: Re: etrailer.com (R) Return Goods Authorization 417-106463-836-9

Reason for return is e-trailer fault. The website gave me the wrong information and caused me to order the wrong part. This is not my fault what so ever! The original packaging is there but like I said before, when I went to install it, it didn't fit. I am in no way going to ship something back that was 105 dollars that is going to cost me 46 to ship back.

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 6:21 AM, Rebecca N at etrailer.com wrote:

Michael McKinney,

I'm sorry to hear that you need to return order 106463836. Here are a few steps to make sure that your return credit is issued as quickly as possible.

Please make sure that all items are in like-new condition and in their original packaging. After your package is received, I'll issue you a product credit less the return shipping charges of $46.96 associated with the attached label as we discussed. Keep in mind, I'm not able to accept returns on any installed or used merchandise, and any items over 60 days old are subject to a 20% restocking fee. Please do not mark on the original manufacturer packaging to avoid any additional fees.

To make things easy, I recommend that you use the pre-paid UPS label we discussed. It is available for download at https://www.etrailer.com/rts/417-106463-836-9 and can simply be taped to the outside of your return shipment.

Quick steps: Remove original shipping and address labels from the package Do not mark on the original manufacturer packaging Download and attach your return label from https://www.etrailer.com/rts/417-106463-836-9 Give the shipment to any UPS driver or find the nearest UPS package drop-off location at http://www.ups.com/dropoff

You'll be sending the package to the following address:

etrailer.com

RGA# 417-106463-836-9

1507 East Highway A

Wentzville, MO 63385

If you have any questions you can reach me directly at (636) 887-9366 or (800) 298-8924 extension 79366

Thanks,

Rebecca N

cs@etrailer.com

--------------------------------------------------

REASON For Return: _______________________________

DATE RGA Issued:5/15/2018

--------------------------------------------------

Freight In: Yes. Deduct $46.96 from net product credit.

Review about: Trailer Hitch.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Not receiving what i was told and lack of communication.

Comments