Worst internet purchase experience I've ever had. Purchased and paid for a boat trailer disc brake set, which was to include actuator, rotors/hubs, bearings, calipers, etc.

for $495 Got an email stating the order has been processed and shipped. Next day I get an email from paypal that $300+ dollars had been refunded to my paypal account. So, call etrailer, get a 'customer service' rep and checks the order status and tells me "the order is on it's way, no problems, should be good to go when it arrives,...you just got a $300 credit". Me- " you're sure, I'm getting what I ordered?"...Him- "Yes, should get it monday".

Finished the call and just couldn't get past the $300 credit thing, made no sense. So went back and opened the email from the supplier and clicked on details and saw that they only shipped the brake actuator...the part that activates the disc brakes......Call back, get someone else, they check the status and inform me that the order was changed. I ask "by who" and she tells me the supplier changed it. No notification from them that the order was changed or that the original kit was no longer available...they just changed the order to something I can't use....

I'm guessing that they are a middleman outfit and are judged by sales, not returns. Doesn't matter if they don't ship what you order, but that they made a sale. In my case they sent me an absolutely useless item...a disc brake actuator with nothing to actuate! Like buying a car and finding out it has no wheels!

Just ridiculous....So, now, since the item 'shipped', they can't cancel the 'sale' , I have to wait to recieve it and send it back to them in order for them to process a refund.

Instead of being informed that the product I ordered and was shown as available, was no longer available, I have to do this dance and have $500 tied up for weeks. If I ever have to purchase anything and it is only available from etrailer and one other supplier, and the other supplier is twice the price, I wil buy from the other supplier.

Review about: Etrailer Customer Care.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Provide notification of product availability or non-availability...don't just change the order..

Comments

Just wondering how you lost $1234 when your purchase was for $495 and you received a $300 credit?